Statement Of Faith
In Essential Beliefs – We Have Unity
“There is one Body and one Spirit…..there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all….” Ephesians 4:4-6
In Nonessential Beliefs – We Have Liberty
“Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters….Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his master he stands or falls….So then each of us will give an account of himself to God….So whatever you believe about these things, keep between yourself and God.” Romans 14:1,4,12,22
In All Our Beliefs – We Show Love
“If I have in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have faith that can move mountains-but have no love, I amount to nothing at all.” 1Corinthians 13:2 (Ph)
The Essentials We Believe:
- About God: God is the Creator Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. Genesis 1:1,26-27,3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2, 2 Corinthians 13:14.
- About Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sin of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead, after three days, to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to heaven’s glory and will return again someday to earth to reign as the Kings of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Matthew 1:22,23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1-5; 14:10-30; Hebrews 4:14,15; 1 Corinthians 15:3,4; Romans 1:3,4; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Tim 6:14,15; Titus 2:13.
- About The Holy Spirit: The Holy Sprit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians, we seek to live under His control daily. II Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Gal 5:25; Ephesians 5:18.
- About The Bible: The Bible is God’s word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of the truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture of error. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105,160, Psalm 12:6; Proverbs 30:5.
- About Human Beings: People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life. Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1, 2.
- About Salvation: Salvation is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1.
- About Eternal Security: Because God gives us eternal life through Jesus Christ, the true believer is secure in that salvation for eternity. If you have been genuinely saved, you cannot “lose it”. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives us this security. John 10:28,29; 2 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25, 10:10,14; 1Peter 1:3-5
- About Eternity: People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence. John 3:16; John 14:17; Romans 6:23; Romans 8:17-18; Revelation 20:15; 1 Corinthians 2::7-9.
- About The Return of Christ: We believe that the imminent rapture of the church is the next event to occur according to prophecy. Christ’s coming for his church as outlined in 1Thess. 4:13-18 and 1Cor. 15:51,52 will announce the beginnings of Daniel’s Seventieth week (Dan. 9:24-27), which includes, ” The time of Jacob’s trouble” (Jeremiah 30:7), The Great Tribulation and the battle of Armageddon. At the close of the great Tribulation period, Christ will establish His earthly kingdom and occupy the throne of His Father David (Luke 1:32; Isaiah 9:6,7; Acts 2:29,30) and reign for one thousand years (Rev. 20:1-6). At the close of the Millennium, Satan will be loosed to deceive (Rev.20:8). Fire from God out of heaven will end this battle (Rev.20:9). After this, the Great White Throne Judgment occurs. All the wicked dead of all ages appear before this throne. (Rev. 20:11-15)